December 31, 2019

[2019] What happened this year to Rayque?

It's that time of the year again! It's time for another summary!
This marks the 9th summary on this blog. Next year will be our tenth!

As always: the Rayque3 Staff wishes you a great 2020!

2019 to me was a year where the ups were fair but the downs were rough. For instance, this year marked the end of my time as a student as I've graduated from school. However, doing so was not an easy thing to do, and neither was graduating without consequences. From what I'm aware of, I now tick all the necessary boxes to apply for the job I've been working my entire life towards. But that of itself has become a difficult situation of its own.

Basically, I'm stuck in a limbo for the time being until I can apply for the job. Despite that I'm now ready for the job from an objective point of view, working abroad for the remainder of my life on my own requires more than just being a potential candidate for that Product Designer life. How long this "limbo" will take, I don't know. But what I do know is that it'll be time to finish my Hailfire Droid next year and hopefully be done with the Constructor in (early?) 2021!

Let's get to those statistics of 2019.

The Youtube Department (Rayque3 Staff)

General
- Our eleventh anniversary!
- Reached 12.500.000 total upload views!
- Reached 11.500 subscribers!

This year is tied with last year to only release two videos. Unlike last year, there has been no new Single-Part-Video releases.

However, this year saw the release of a new High-Dex-Hero video in four years, and a new entry in the ongoing Multirandomness series.

For what it's worth: I'm expecting to release two (short) videos in the first half of next year.

The following numbers are approximated to improve readability.

Analytics for this year (+% compared to gain in 2018)
- Obtained 440.000 views (-45%). Previous year: 800.000 (-34%)
- Obtained 2400 likes (-23%). Previous year: 3100 (-2%)
- Obtained 150 dislikes (-48%). Previous year: 290 (-25%)
- Obtained 380 comments (-15%). Previous year: 440 (+20%)
- Obtained 800 shares (+2%). Previous year: 800 (+19%)
- Obtained 1400 favorites (-11%). Previous year: 1600 (+5%)
- Obtained 300 subscribers (-51%). Previous year: 600 (-47%)

Top 10 Most Viewed Videos for this year
1. [+2] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 100% Subspace Emissary (110.000 views)
2. [-1] Kirby's Return to Dreamland - All Mini/Main/EX Bosses (100.000 views)
3. [-1] Mario Party 7 - All Mini-Games (60.000 views)
4. [+1] Pokémon Battle Revolution - All Masters Battles [HeartGold] (30.000 views)
5. [-1] LEGO® CITY Undercover - Main Story (30.000 views)
6. [+0] Donkey Kong 64 - All main bosses (20.000 views)
7. [+1] WarioWare: Smooth Moves - All Microgames (11.000 views)
8. [+3] Lego Alpha Team - All Levels, normal solutions (5.000 views)
9. [+0] [Walkthrough] - Croc 2 - Part #1 -- CROC TO THE RESCUE (4.000 views)
10.[+2] Sin & Punishment 2: Successor of the Skies - Isa & Kachi Mode (3.000 views)

Top 10 viewed countries for this year
1. [+0] United States - 150.000 views (34%)
2. [+0] Japan - 32.000 views (7,3%)
3. [+0] United Kingdom - 20.000 views (4,4%)
4. [+0] Canada - 14.000 views (3,1%)
5. [+1] Mexico - 12.400 views (2,8%)
6. [-1] Brazil - 12.300 views (2,8%)
7. [+0] France - 9.500 views (2,2%)
8. [+0] Italy - 8.000 views (1,8%)
9. [+1] Germany - 7.700 views (1,8%)
10.[-1] South Korea - 7.100 views (1,6%)

Traffic Sources for this year
1. [+2] Youtube search - 165.000 views (38%)
2. [+0] Homepage - 110.000 views (25%)
3. [-2] Suggested video - 100.000 views (23%)
4. [+0] External - 23.000 views (5,2%)
5. [+1] Direct or unknown - 12.000 views (2,8%)

Did you know...
- That this is the first time where Mario Party 7 - All Mini-Games ends up being the third most viewed video of the year? Last year, it got dethroned after being the first spot for five consecutive years, as our Kirby's Return to Dreamland - All Mini/Main/EX Bosses video took the cake. Interestingly, our Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 100% Subspace Emissary video is this year's most viewed video, so our Kirby video was only ranked first place for a year.
- Despite the drop in total amount of views, two videos in the Top 10 performed better than last year? Our Pokémon Battle Revolution - All Masters Battles [HeartGold] video gained 2000 views compared to 2018's, and our WarioWare: Smooth Moves - All Microgames video performed better with an increase of almost 3000 views.
- That the two most viewed countries of the year are almost identical in % to last year? In 2018, the United States contributed for 35% of our views, and Japan contributed for 7,6%. This year, that's 34% for the US and 7,3% for Japan. While the United Kingdom has almost dropped by a full % (from 5,3% to 4,4%), Canada is almost the same percentage with being 3,1% in 2019. It was 3,2% last year.
- Despite we're Dutch, the Netherlands only contributes for 1% of our views?

The MapleStory Europe Department

General
- Reached Level 247!
- Seven consecutive years of using my Ribgol Sword!
- Twelve consecutive years of playing EMS on my Hero!

Obtained
- Obtained my first ID Card Chair!
- Obtained an Adventure Deep Dark Critical Ring!

Upgrading
- Upgraded my Union to a Total Level of 6667!
- Got my I/L to Level 220 during the Tera Burning/Breakthrough event!
- Got my Eunwol to Level 200 for its Character Card!
- Got my Zero to Level 200 for its Character Card!
- Got my Beast Tamer to Level 200 for its Character Card!
- Reached my seventeenth Legendary Potential!
- Thus, all of my items now have a Legendary Potential!
- Reached 20 Enhancements on my Amaterasu's Gloves!
- Reached 20 Enhancements on my Amaterasu's Epaulet!
- Cubed my first three-lined %-STR item!

5th Job - V-Matrix
- Obtained Maple World's Goddess' Blessing!
- Obtained a pair of Enhancement Cores for Combo Force / Rush / Brandish!
- Maxed out Aura Weapon!
- Maxed out Spider in Mirror!
- Maxed out Combo Instinct!
- Maxed out Maple World's Goddess' Blessing!
- Maxed out one of the two Enhancement Cores for Raging Blow / Final Attack / Rage Uprising!
- Raised one of the two Enhancement Cores for Raging Blow / Final Attack / Rage Uprising to Level 23!
- Raised Erda Nova to Level 16!
- Raised Will of Erda to Level 15!
- Raised Rope Lift to Level 20!
- Raised Combo Death Fault to Level 15!
- Raised Blitz Shield to Level 14!
- Raised Body of Steel to Level 14!
- Raised Erda Shower to Level 16!

5th Job - Arcane Force
- Raised Lacheln's Symbol to Level 20!
- Raised Morass' Symbol to Level 20!
- Raised Esfera's Symbol to Level 20!
- Thus, I'm done with Arcane Force! For now...

Miscellaneous
- Completed the Tera Burning/Breakthrough event!
- Managed to have a nearly-perfect Glory score on my main with the Glory update so far! I've failed to fully cap coins on a maintenance day, with only half the coins done for that day...
- Accumulated a whopping total of 5.730.000 Contribution for the FallenAngel guild in total, with a perfect Contribution score of 1.825.000 Contribution this year! Once again another perfect year - hopefully I can pull it off again next year! Honestly, I am slightly concerned about the upcoming guild changes that we'll get in about half a year...

Did you know...
- I'm only a few days away from reaching Level 248? Daily coin grind is still an excellent and reliable way of getting EXP. It seems like I might even hit Level 249 within the Glory update!
-  I currently have 257%-STR? With having all of my items at Legendary, I can now focus all of my efforts in cubing for better stats! Maybe I'll might even get past 300% next year!
- I currently have 222 Star Force? With only a slight increase compared to last year, it costed me over 65 billion (!) mesos to get my first two items from 17 to only 20 Star Force. Not even my first 22. Ouch...
- According to my Excel sheet, I've shuffled my Inner Ability 2452 times since I got it to Legendary? Yet again, I still haven't made any progress on my Inner Ability. Dammit. These rolls are accumulatively worth over eighteen million Honor EXP!

The LEGO® Department

General
- Still working on the Hailfire Droid (MK. 2) project!
- Still working on the Constructor (MK. 3) project!

I've made some serious progress on both my projects this year. Plenty of Bricklink part orders have been made, and I still have plenty of orders left to do.

I've fully redesigned both of them from the ground up (again).
I know I haven't published any dedicated blogposts about them yet... perhaps I should consider writing one both in early 2020.

Obtained
Here are some personal favorites of mine that I've got my hands on this year!

#8924 Bionicle - Maxilos & Spinax (2007)
#8186 Racers - Street Extreme (2009)
#70676 Ninjago - Lloyd's Titan Mech (2019)
#75249 Star Wars - Resistance Y-Wing Starfighter (2019)
#75935 Jurassic World - Baryonyx Face-Off: The Treasure Hunt (2019)
#80102 Dragon Dance (2019)
#81000 Forma - Koi (2019)
#81001 Forma - Shark Skin (2019)
#81002 Forma - Splash Koi Skin (2019)
#81003 Forma - Ink Koi Skin (2019)
#853967 Wooden Minifigure (2019)
And that one Zyglak combiner model.

That is a lot of experimental stuff they've released this year. I'm always happy to check out these one-offs, oddities and special stuff. It's also why the "experimental phase" of the late 90's and early 2000's in LEGO®'s history is one of my favorite subjects to dive into. Glad to see that they're still trying out new things.

Other

General
- I have been playing a lot of Mega Man ZX Advent throughout the year. After months of practice, I've managed to beat Expert Mode and saw the secret ending twice. I'm looking forward to the Mega Man Zero / ZX Collection next year, just so that I can play these games again on a bigger screen. I've also played both games from the Azure Striker Gunvolt series (basically, the same development team who did most of the Zero/ZX games) and went through all of the extra endings. Unfortunately, my physical copy of the third game (Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX) has yet to arrive, as according to the distributor, the games are still in assembly. It is a pre-order of a game that has been out for three months, but apparently if you went the extra mile for the special edition, you need to be patient...
- Still at Team Fortress 2, currently Level 135. 567 hours of Demoman, 183 hours as Engineer. I'm trying to play more Demoman than Engineer lately, since I feel like my hours as Engineer has become too significant in the "pie chart" and I'd prefer to remain a Demoman main. Oh yeah, and my Caber has reached Epic-rank!
- I haven't been able to play a lot of Borderlands 2. However, I've managed to reach Overpowered Level 10 with Lux, but we have yet to check out the new DLC that came with it. Since Borderlands 3 is still not out yet on Steam, we're probably going to check the remaining content of 2 and (my still untouched copy of) The Pre-Sequel in order to be up-to-date before starting with BL3.
- I haven't been doing much Xenoblade 2 this year, but I'll definitely have a good incentive to do most of the remaining stuff before the Definitive Edition of Xenoblade 1 comes out next year. Y'know, kinda like what I did with Xenoblade X.
- And as stated last year, I'm still at that particular old game. I'm not going to reveal any information about it this year either. Now's not the time.

As for next year, hopefully...
- I'll manage to get the Hailfire Droid done. I don't think I can manage to finish both my Hailfire and my Constructor in the same year, but I'm certain that I should be able to finish one if I put all of my focus into it. I've made some great progress this year, and finishing it next year doesn't seem impossible if I just spend most of my time on it.
- We'll be more active with our Youtube content?
- Will it be another successful year on EMS? At least it seems that I'll hit 250 next year!
- Will there be more Mokarr?

That's it for this summary! Took me almost five hours to complete, give or take.
Luxatus Patella and I wish you a fantastic 2020!

That's it for 2019! I'll see you guys again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment