September 19, 2021

[EMS] Erda's Will - Level 30 / 20th Legendary Potential GET!


Sup guys! With the Goo Island event closing up, it was time to claim that loot again. With yet another abundance of Nodestones, I've managed to find the last duplicate of Erda's Will, in order to max it out.

Erda's Will is a skill that not enough players seem to use, although it does see some use in the more high-end bosses. Perhaps I should consider writing a blogpost on how to use Hero's Will/Erda's Will effectively...


Continuing my ongoing plan to improve my equipment layout, I've recently managed to get my hands on the next item: the Commanding Force Earrings.

CFE exclusively drops from Hard Dunkel, which is a bit out-of-reach for my own bossing team, so I had no choice but to purchase one from the aftermarket. Thankfully, the demand for this item is pretty much non-existent, which keeps the prices low. It didn't take long before I could afford one, and it also didn't take long to rank it up to Legendary.

Since it's still relatively new, there hasn't been much work done on it yet. I'll scroll this with the same stuff that I used on my Magic Eyepatch and my Amaterasu's Belt, but for that I'll have to wait until Winter update.

So, the Commanding Force Earrings replaces my good old Rex's Perfect Red Earrings. Even with my Rex earrings having 4% Additional Options and 21%-STR through Potential, my CFE already outperforms it by its Attack alone. Yes, the difference in power is clear, but always keep things in perspective: it's not going to suddenly break the game.

That said, the main reason why I've had to step away from my Rex earrings is a different matter. My Perfect Rex has a long-forgotten attribute: Durability. Perhaps I should write a dedicated blogpost about the Durability mechanic one day, since I assume most players don't even know it exists. But to give you an idea: 5th Job has kinda killed the practicality of using items with Durability, and the problem was further exacerbated when Nexon made several changes to Victoria Island in the past couple of years. It's only going to get worse, so I had to make the hard call of preemptively upgrade to non-Durability items before it's too late. While there's still some (research-specific) uses for items with Durability, it's no longer practical to have them equipped all the time, which is a damn shame.

That's it for today - I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment