August 10, 2021

[EMS] Level 258 / Ribgol Upgrade / CDF - Level 30 / 19th Legendary Potential GET!

Ding! With the Neo event nearing its end, it's been time to claim the rewards I've been working towards for the past two months. Not only did the event give out two (!) Extreme Growth Potions, it also brought plenty of other stuff too...

With the abundance of Neo Cores farmed throughout the event, a good number of Additional Potential Cubes were available. With the convenient addition of a well-timed Double Miracle Time event not too long ago, I decided to take the opportunity to sink all of the Additional Potential Cubes on my Ribgol Sword. 

As I mentioned three years ago, any work on my Additional Potential is limited to only a handful of cubes a year. Most of my items are still ranked Rare; only a few equipment are Epic. However, events have increasingly become more generous with Additional Potential Cubes, which makes it all the more worthwhile to get them when they're available.

So, with the DMT and about 26 Additional Potential Cubes, I've managed to upgrade my Ribgol's Additional Potential to Unique, making it my first Unique-ranked Additional Potential that I own. While it may have not been enough to bump it to Legendary, I'm happy about any progress regardless. Additional Potential Cubes are only going to become more common as time goes on, so I'm not too concerned about not getting the most out of this round of DMT. It'll do.

Anyway, I certainly now have a good excuse to use my monthly Additional Potential Cube on my Ribgol, as its Additional Potential is pretty much "useless". Otherwise it would've gone in trying to rank up Rare equipment to Epic. Who knows, maybe I might get lucky enough to rank up my Ribgol in an attempt of rolling anything decent...

The Neo coin shop gave out plenty of Nodestones, so I had no problem finding duplicate Combo Death Fault. It was very close to Level 30 prior to the event anyway. This batch of Nodestones was just enough to get it maxed out.

Alongside the good amount of Nodestones, the shop was also generous on Meister Cubes, so I managed to get my Magic Eyepatch to Legendary! What's that, you say? Rayque has a Magic Eyepatch? Since when did that happen?

In my previous "Legendary Potential GET!" blogpost, I mentioned that I've been slowly planning towards a more effective layout since 2020. The Magic Eyepatch, a notorious drop exclusively from Hard Damien, is part of that plan.

The Magic Eyepatch will replace my Chaos Pink Bean Mark, which was a reward from the original Pink Bean class event back in 2016. It replaced my old Kenta's Goggles, and the CPBM was never intended to be used permanently. So after five years, the Chaos Pink Bean Mark has more than fulfilled its purpose now that I have the eyepatch.

For almost a year have I been organizing and scheduling weekly boss runs with friends in pursuit of a few items, including the Magic Eyepatch. While you could argue that doing these bosses yourself may not be the most lucrative or efficient way to get your hands on one, it is the most reliable method to get the job done. Thing is, the prices and availability for any of the Commander equipment are incredibly unstable, to say the least. It only takes one individual to buy up the available supply and it'll take the community months to find new ones. Incidents like these do happen often, so you can't rely much on the EMS economy. That's why I farmed for it - I didn't have much of a choice.

It took our team about 40 Hard Damien runs to find this Magic Eyepatch. That falls within the expected amount of runs required - somewhere between 30 and 50. That usually works fine in a MMORPG setting, as having hundreds of weekly clears would produce a handful of new items every few weeks. In theory, there should be a steady supply.

That said, EMS is far too small for that, so it can't deliver a steady supply. The low rates makes these items artificially more scarce in EMS than what is probably intended. Although for what it's worth: requiring about a year worth of boss clears is next to nothing compared to what I'm used to. Whether that's a healthy thing though, is up for debate.

Anyway, the surplus of Neo Cores went into scrolling my Magic Eyepatch with the same scrolls I used for my Reaper's Pendant. The other batch of (the same) scrolls went to my Amaterasu's Belt, which now comfortably sits at a whopping 80 Weapon Attack with only 20 Enhancements. The belt's going to go past 100 when it's done with Enhancements!

So, I've pretty much bought all of the essentials and fun stuff from the Neo coin shop, but there's still two weeks left. My leftover coins will probably go in Eternal and Black Flames, which are items I usually don't buy from these events. However, as you can tell from the image earlier in this post, my Magic Eyepatch is still in its early stages of upgrading, so there's still some work left to do in that department...

That's it for today - I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment