June 11, 2024

[EMS] And the final Monster Life follower count is...

562!

Today is the last day for Monster Life ("ML" for short), which ends with the Dreamer update tomorrow.

Seeing as my old Monster Life blogpost is this blog's most read post (over 3000 views!), I thought it would be nice to dedicate a post looking back at Monster Life and how that blogpost contributed towards this incredible follower count.

Back when I wrote that blogpost, I took the opportunity to share some of my thoughts about the system and gave it a little review of sorts. Although at the time I had no idea that this post would become a popular makeshift Monster Life guide, since this happened to be one of the few English pages about it. Of course, nowadays there are far better and up-to-date ML guides out there, but the particular tidbit of Pharoah Mummy service sent a lot of players to my farm.

You see, Pharoah Mummies are a very important staple for grinding levels in Monster Life. When combining it with a Rank A Yeti and Pepe, there is a small chance of producing the Pharoah Yeti offspring. Pharoah Yeti's are coveted for its EXP boosting effect, which made it a must-have for anyone that wanted to reach higher levels on Monster Life.

The problem however that I faced back in 2017*, was that Monster Life is unfortunately highly dependent on a large active community. Maintaining specials was already starting to become a problem back then, and I foresaw it would only become worse with the increasing growing popularity of Reboot causing a sharp decline in Luna's population.

*Keep in mind that progress on Monster Life was reset with the migration of November 2016. We had to start from scratch... again.

Seeing as I'm in the unique position of forever playing this game daily, I took the opportunity to maintain ten Pharoah Mummies indefinitely, which in turn helped to keep more players aboard. Especially during the past couple of months. With so many players trying to reach Level 40 last minute, I saw over 50 new followers this year alone! Although if you asked me back in 2017, I wouldn't expect to end up providing Pharoah Mummy service for 8 years right up to the end.

Monster Life is unfortunately closed rather unceremoniously... Not everything will be transferred over to Union Artifact, and somewhere I kinda wish Nexon tried harder to fundamentally fix Monster Life first before replacing it. However, its successor as a whole is a much better system, and because our small European population didn't allow us to do much with Monster Life to begin with, tomorrow's upgrade to Union Artifact is going to be all the more noticeable.

Anyway, Monster Life, you shall be missed. Gone too soon, but still lived longer than Veracent, the Supreme server and Monad combined lol. Wait, why isn't Urus removed? And we're only getting half of Dreamer's update, leaving out the most important changes we've seen in over a decade? Dang it. That's a can of worms I'll save for another time...

But back to building I go. Same thing as last month. I kinda want to have this thing working in less than two weeks. Consider it a soft deadline, if you will. Don't forget to check out the Destiny blogpost if you haven't already, by the way.

That's it for today - I'll see you guys again next post!

1 comment:

  1. Was browsing in your blog on various of Galidor parts you've collected, didn't expect you were a fellow mushroom player. Unfortunately im in the GMS server, I hope Inkwell can uplift the trade restriction in your server.

    ReplyDelete