April 02, 2016

[Drawing] Another Lionsuit... with a hammer.

Sup guys! Yesterday I had plenty of time left - so as you might know, those are the most promising moments for me to draw something. While I have been practicing to draw my character in full Amaterasu gear, I'm still kind of figuring out how to draw the proportions in scale with my other drawings. So I'll not share those attempts, but I will share this fancy next attempt on the Lionsuit!

You may wonder, why is the Lionsuit wearing a Pico-pico Hammer? That's a good question, consider I assume most people aren't familiar with that recurring joke within my MapleStory guild and the Rayque3 channel. So it's more like a "within my circle of friends" thing, but I'll explain after the jump break who/why/what the hell is going on with that.

Let's hope you're worthy to wield Mjöln- wait what?
The Pico-pico Hammer (aka Picopico or Pico for short) is an one-handed sword in MapleStory, with a laughable stat of 1 weapon attack. In scale, that's 1/17th in attack of the weapon you obtain when you just start the game as a Level 1 Beginner. Similar to those in real life, whacking somebody or something with that will result in... almost no damage. And because Hero uses swords (like Mihile, Paladin, Kaiser and Soul Master), it can use all the skills, masteries and other fancy advantages with the Picopico.

While nowadays weapon attack on equipment is more frequent than it used to be, in the past having any bonus attack on equips and (link) skills was uncommon to rare - which means that 1 attack was pretty much all you had (with a bunch of STR and DEX, wouldn't result in that much). Every enemy in this game has a base defence and magic defence - attack/magic attack *is* required to reduce that bulk. So that means, if you only have 1 base attack, you'll only do "1".

From a total different era of the Rayque3 Channel...
So as the potato that I am, there was a dedicated series on our channel where I poked bosses and enemies that required me to whack more than a thousand times doing low damage. And in a significant amount of appearances with the Pico, the Lionsuit was shown. And no, those videos aren't available to the public anymore.

That aside, the drawing was made on a A3 paper with only using a black pen. Did you know that this is actually the first appearance of my Toucan and my Shark in a drawing? Wait, you didn't know I have a pet Toucan in Maple? Well, that is more likely because I have never really mentioned its existence on this blog until now.

Haha, "Jr. Balrog". GG Nexon.
Way before permanent pets were available in EMS, I had this awesome pet Toucan, that ensured me to gain the Follow the Leader skill on Rayque before Nexon removed that skill quest after the Big Bang update. This is also why I walk with only two pets in-game - my Toucan is supposed slash reserved to be the third one.

So, you'll probably ask after this, where is the Storm Dragon on the drawing? Where is your Hyena on this drawing? Where is the damn Green Tent Chair (aka the Ribgol of all Chairs) that you are struggling to obtain since 2009? Those are excellent questions; this probably has to do with my lack of drawing skills and... hey! How did you know about the Green Tent Chair?

Jokes aside, that's enough rambling for today. Yesterday I've also found the opportunity to gather a bunch of pictures on my most recent Constructor progress - so I'll be writing about that within a few days. Until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment