December 13, 2015

[EMS] First Pink Bean solo!


Woah, I didn't expect me to *actually* be able to solo Pink Bean! I thought I was nowhere near the required damage... but apparently I was. A few friends encouraged me to try Pink Bean for a few months by now, so I bit the bullet and gave it a try. But man, that first try was tense!

I might have not been to Pink Bean before, but with my general knowledge about the boss I had since before the
Big Bang update, I didn't go entirely blind. I already knew about the invisible border that would activate Damage Reflect, and that I could survive one if I'd ever messed up my response time.

So yeah, this was pretty much my first attempt without doing any runs in the past (solo or party), despite you'd expect me to have tried it due to the fact that I haven't quitted or substituted my Hero in the past 8 years. There's a lot of bosses I have never faced before in this game, surprisingly.

The largest surprise to me for the run is that I've been able to defeat it without dying at all. Perhaps it was a lucky shot,
and I'm pretty sure there was a high risk to do Pink Bean as a Hero (consider my class is relatively frail).

Earlier this year I've also faced Chaos Zakum for the first time, similar to Pink Bean - without any experience prior,
only certain knowledge and research when it was initially released before Big Bang. Actually I did die twice before I managed to successfully solo one (there's no respawning at Chaos Zakum), because the flame pillars dish out 36k damage on me, despite having 85% Damage Reduction active at the time. Well, Heroes do play different than most classes, after all. Unless those pillars are 50% HP and thus fixed, which I actually genuinely hope that's the case (please correct me in the comments if that's true) because in context, 36k damage with 85% reduction sucks.

I haven't tried Chaos Horntail yet, but I know I already have enough damage output to beat it. It's more that
I'm careful and I feel not ready for it yet. Which is kind of ironic because I've spend over 11.000 hours on this Hero and have achieved a lot of other things that most Heroes wouldn't. Then again, success at first try. But damn, Pink Bean is surely a milestone to many players - so I'm happy that I can check this one off the list to my (probably) never-ending career on EMS.

In case you wonder, I'm still at 33%-STR and 120 DEX Base. The latter won't change, but it's still impressive if
you think about it... Having only 39% Boss Damage, relatively low %-STR, certain Skill Links at Level 1 and a character that's just barely halfway scrolled. Proves that my custom build does work, I guess.

That's it for today! I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment