May 27, 2019

[EMS] Union Mayhem-Marathon, part 2!

Part of the joke is that, this isn't even everything that I've worked on today...
Ah shit, here we go again. After almost 8 hours of clicking, burning through 150k Spell Traces and four billion mesos, I've done some major upgrades to all of my Union mules that are now Level 150+.

Last year I've done something similar, when I prepared a lot of Sengoku equipment for a couple of Union mules that were at the required level. Another year has passed, and I've been working diligently on my Union and Mori Ranmaru dailies, so a lot more mules have gotten past Level 150, and it was time to empty my Sengoku equipment mule as it started to become difficult to stuff more items in my bag.

Because I use Amaterasu as my main item set, I tend to farm, craft and find a lot of Sengoku gear. With Equipment Traces requiring a large sum of the same item, I've had to stockpile hundreds of each Clan Shard and Sengoku recipe, thousands of Purple Powders and ten thousands of Superior Item Crystals. I practically have an unlimited supply of Sengoku items at my disposal. I only have to tribute (read: forge) these ingredients at the sacred Zipangu shrine (read: Smithing furnace) in Channel 11 Ardentmill, and they'll appear in my inventory almost instantly.

Unfortunately the Sengoku upgrade for all of my mules is just the beginning. Most of these characters used items that were limited to just 5 or 10 Star Force each, and thus the swap to Sengoku is just to raise this limit for future endeavours. At least, for the time being, all of these items have 11 SF each.

Although not every single mule on my account will use full Sengoku, as there are exceptions. My Beast Tamer will run a +Skill Levels build so it'll stick with Dragontail, my Demon Avenger uses a % HP layout, mages will use their corresponding Elemental Staves and my Dark Knight recycles my old Lionheart equipment together with a Lionheart Fuscina to complete the item set.

Anyway, I still have to work on the accessory part on each mule; mainly being rings and pendants. With my daily Akyrum runs I manage to find plenty of Mechanator Pendants with high-tier Additional Options and the occasional Dominator Pendant every few hundred runs, so I'll use those and transfer them with Platinum SoKs gained from the Maplehood Watch event. I'll go do Hard Van Leon/Blackgate and Hieizan on each mule another day...


So, how much did this resource sink reward me? Actually by quite a lot! My raid power has gone up by eight million!

In context of Union's raid power, it essentially is a damage number that determines how fast you earn a single Union coin. Each second, this damage number is applied to a boss exclusive to the Union system. Every time the accumulated damage on this boss passes a sum of 100b, you'll earn one Union coin. So yeah, an increase by eight million is quite high when you think about it.

But what is probably a comparison that's easier to understand: eight million raid power is about what you'll get from a Level 200 character that is equipped out with a decent number of Star Force. A Level 150 character that is equipped with the same amount of Star Force is worth about three million. Having a good balance of Star Force and levels is important - even if you decked out a low level mule with 11 Star Force items, it only starts to hit hard on the raid power once it's close to Level 200. But it still is always a good thing to increase the Star Force on any mule when you can, though!

That said, at least my Level 150+ mules are now well prepared. With the current speed of Union coin farming, I can manage to gain 2~2,5 levels on two mules a week. But this also means that the more I keep working on it, the faster the coin farming will go, due to the Level-SF scaling that is now prepared ahead of time. There's still a decent number of mules on my account left that aren't past Level 150 yet, although that'll be for another day (and thus, part 3).

Anyway, that's it for this blogpost. It's starting to get late, I'm tired and I should go to sleep now. I still have a couple of days left to work in Norway before I'll head back home. I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment