October 29, 2013

[Lego] Borderlands 2 in Lego® - Constructor - Take 2! [Work in Progress]

Return back to Project Overview.

Side-view of the current body for the Constructor, standing on its three legs.
The Constructor finally has all three legs finished. Currently there is no decent pneumatic engine to supply the robot's air pressure. I have to place an order on the aftermarket for a bunch of pneumatic pumps. Keep in mind that in-game the legs fold within two seconds; I will try to manage the same timespan with this custom design.

The folding system of the front.
A notable change between the current body and the one in the Three projects in a row V2 post, is that the Constructor has a folding front! Similar in-game, a part of its body will open up to release the front leg. I've spend a painful thirteen hours before I managed to get a perfect consistent and simple mechanism to make sure when the front leg folds the front opens up quick and nicely. You can see it on the picture on the right.

I've done my best to make sure the construction of the Constructor is sturdy enough. A common issue of my older Lego® projects are that the body is not sturdy at all. The construction you see on the pictures is a winning concept out of many I've been trying out the past few weeks~

I'll try to create an overview for my Hailfire Droid soon, since that project has also been updated! For now, enjoy this overview and another Three projects on a row (V2.5)!
From left to right: Afterlord (MapleStory), Hailfire Droid (Star Wars™), Constructor (Borderlands 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment