November 23, 2016

[EMS] Amaterasu's Epaulet - Finished scrolling


Sup guys! Yesterday I've managed to finish the scrolling of my first Amaterasu's equip! Sorry for the late coverage, given I've been so stupid with planning out how to manage the "Defeat 44.444 Monsters around your Level" from the Haste event before this Wednesday, because I did not consider the possibility of a server maintenance and the fact that I prefer to take a good nap over a few hours of gaming - so I kinda had to squeeze a last minute "hasty" session worth of 17.000 enemies before midnight. Gotta go fast, amiright?

Back on topic: my Amaterasu's Epaulet is the first piece of Amaterasu's equips that I've finished with scrolling. Because after I've fully replaced my Lionheart with Amaterasu's, I temporarily lost all of my Star Force enhancements, and because the Amaterasu's shoulderpad only has three slots, I thought that perhaps finishing the scrolling on this one would be the best choice to gain some Star Force back.

As mentioned a handful of times on my blog before, most of my equipment are scrolled with "Miracle Positive Chaos Scrolls" (which also goes by the name Incredible Chaos Scroll of Goodness in-game). Plus 10 Attack is definitely an awesome boost and an average of +3 per scroll is solid. I know that these scrolls can up a random stat to a maximum of 10, but trust me on my word, I have succeeded more than 50 of these in a lifetime, and gaining something like +3 Attack on a scroll, even +5, is quite hard to achieve on a consistent basis. Most equips with only 9 slots should be able to get past 20 Attack, but going past 30 is surprisingly difficult, even if it might not seem like it in theory... Going past 30 is more a thing that a 12-slot overall or a 10-slot hat would achieve.

The reason why I haven't gone past 10 Star Force enhancements, is because I'm currently saving up for a Self Sharp Eyes Nebulite, which has dropped in price recently due to events. Beyond 10 Star Force, the price per Enhancement becomes quite steep, so I rather invest my mesos in something I prefer to re-obtain as soon as possible that also has better results for its price.

And in case you wonder, isn't it better to invest a V-Core in Self Sharp Eyes to save a lot of mesos? I actually prefer not to waste many V-Core slots yet, as far as 5th Job is still in such an early phase of life, I rather keep a few V-Core slots unused than to swap one that's already filled with a new one so I'd lose the previous boosts in favor for something "more interesting". Perhaps consider using Self Sharp Eyes' V-Core variant temporarily until I get the Nebulite or Potential version might be a nice work-around, however, the cooldown for it is really killing, because I prefer to recast buffs like these when I feel like to without being hindered by cooldowns.

Objectively speaking, scrolling my Amaterasu Belt next would be the next logical step, because it has the least amount of slots to scroll from scratch. However, I'm leaning towards my Amaterasu's Cape because it just feels like the right choice. Whenever that means the results would be satisfying is for another day to be answered. At least did the Moon Bunny Coin Event provide me with high success rate Incredible Chaos Scrolls of Goodness. Because I usually need to stick around with 20% succession rate versions, every time I see a 50% or 60% from a coin event, I need to take that opportunity to my advantage.

Probably when the next Spell Trace Fever will happen, I'll try to finish scrolling my Amaterasu's Glove, which thankfully, does not require any expensive scrolls and can be entirely upgraded through the use of Spell Traces.


Perhaps something totally random and unrelated to this blogpost, a.k.a. Monster Life, but geez: that is a lot of fish. And yes I know this isn't the best Warus Production value. I prefer to have a higher Warus Storage capacity because even if I play EMS that often I don't have my eyes glued on Monster Life. It's a fun side project but it's not a priority to me at all.

For the time being, I'm not expecting any other major blogposts soon - perhaps if I get my hands on that Self Sharp Eyes Nebulite I might write another upgrade-related blogpost. I still haven't found time to start my Blaster because of the Haste event, and soon with the 5th Job Preparation events coming, I might have to park the class once more. Blaster's Skill Link is definitely useful, however, in comparison to something as grand as the 5th Job Preparation event that can save months worth of grinding, there's no comparison. Permanent content can wait. Events however, cannot.

Well, who knows, there's still some ongoing almost-never-ending RNG fest going on such as my Inner Ability and Black Cubing my Amaterasu's Gloves, where the desired outcome could be yesterday, next week, or after 2 years. Or never? Time will tell. I'll probably find something EMS related to write about, and in worst-case scenario, 5th Job is out within three weeks, because as you'd expect, that is definitely something I would write about.

That's it for now - I'll see you guys again next post!

P.S. Oh, before I forget! EMS is now available through Steam! The Steam page has been available to Europeans since the migration was finished but the region lock was lifted yesterday. I'll probably play Maple a lot through Steam from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment