November 24, 2011

[EMS] Ribg- I meant Nexon'd

Dear reader, this blogpost is related to the following post(s):
-  [EMS] Ribgol Addiction

In case you would be interested in more information, please check out those above. Thanks for reading!

Yo sup! Some people may have read my descriptions lately but I don't know if others did. The descriptions told that I'm hunting a Ribgol Sword in EMS (for the GMS users: Stonetooth Sword). So, to give a relative large background story. I want a Ribgol Sword since 2008. I started in 30 Sept 2007 but I was a bit too early by deciding my end-sword though. The problem is, I had to wait quite a long time.


Nexon Europe never released Pine Forest before Big Bang, so there was no source for Ribgols until 2010. In 2010, Nexon released the first Ribgol Sword in Pigmy (for the GMS users: Gachapon). I was very happy with it, but I didn't realized that after that patch, the bigger problems would start.

Like most MapleStory versions, Ribgol Sword comes from the Gachapon Mushroom Shrine (a very popular Gachapon for most users), so I expected that it would flood in Free Market. The problem was, Nexon Europe does change a lot of things, so no, Ribgol Sword won't drop from Mushroom Shrine. It drops from Ludibrium and Perion, and who the <insert bad word> does that Gachapon anyways (well, some do, but it's hard to find someone who wants to). So, that wasn't an option, and the first few Ribgol Swords were over 1,5b (that time, if you had 500m, you were very rich, nowadays it isn't with all those exploits).

O.K., so I had some crysomemore and I promised myself that if I would get a chance to find it, I would take that opportunity. So, a year later (2011), Big Bang was released in EMS. I was actually disappointed, because after Big Bang, if we would get Pine Forest (Nexon planned to release it after), the only boss who drops it, Black Crow, lost it's Ribgol Sword drop. An other option was Head Ninja (for the GMS users: Ninto), a monster from Kaede Castle (for the GMS users: Ninja Castle). The spawn of them was horrible and I didn't expect that Nexon Europe would ever release the other parts of Zipangu (the continent where Pine Forest and Kaede Castle lies) so I didn't choose for that option. But... for some reason... Big Bang in MapleStory Europe wasn't the same as in other versions.

The Big Bang patch of MapleStory Europe, was... quite bigger than I expected. It was 0,5 GB, and a Big Bang patch was only, like 0,2 GB. So I went to explorer around MapleStory Europe, and I found out that EMS didn't get Big Bang only... it got full Zipangu, full Malaysia and full Singapore also. So that means...

I started my Ribgol Sword hunt in summer 2011. Black Crow isn't an option anymore, so... Head Ninja's. And, I already knew, it would be horrible. Most people found their first in 20~40 hours, so I thought, that's not a problem for me to be honest (I like to game hardcore and challenge myself to very long hunts, quests, and boss runs). And nowadays, I will show you my current progress...

At the time of this post (24 Nov 2011, 10 O' Clock), I have been hunting 104 hours. I have 32.345 Head Ninja Scrolls (the leftovers of this monster). And 0 Ribgol Swords. Most people don't believe me, but to prove this, check the thumbnails below (click on them to zoom in).















So, even with all these Head Ninja Scrolls, I'm not giving up. Getting a Ribgol Sword is one of my largest dreams for MapleStory, and I'm not going to let this be a dream-only. You can dream about everything, but nothing of those will be real if you just think of them. Work hard, and let them be reality.

1 comment:

  1. That is a fucking huge amount of scrolls! O.o Dear jeebus!

    You're even more spectacular at this then I thought from just talking to you. My hat's off to you sir, this is going to be an amazing achievement once it happens!
    -Cade

    ReplyDelete