September 05, 2019

[Lego] So, I just got this Sealed Box of #80102...


Geez, this box is quite big for such a small set. For those who don't know about this particular one; it was released earlier this year and it is exclusive to retailers in China. They also released two other substantial sets for this year's Chinese New Year, but this is the only one of the three that interests me.

Usually I tend to get these kind of sets on Bricklink (i.e. a majority of the Bionicle sets I'm after were only available in the US at the time), but in this particular case I was fortunate enough to get my hands on it through a colleague of mine, who went through the effort of getting a copy when he was in China.

That said, it did take half a year before the set arrived here. All things considered, it's a miracle that this box has been kept in such a pristine condition... because it travelled by container on a cargo ship all the way to Europe. Don't ask me about it - stuff just happens in my life. As usual.

Anyway, earlier this year I wanted to do another one of these blogposts for my copy of the four Forma sets, but decided last minute not to. I didn't feel like writing about it, as there wasn't much to write about it other than that I participated in the original kickstarter and that it was easier said than done (the kickstarter was UK/US only, so I had to do the same trick as I did with this one). Although if you're aware of my taste in niches or if you looked through my collection earlier this year, you could've known that I have them.

If you excuse me, it's time for me to build this thing. I didn't get the opportunity earlier this week because I was working on the Hailfire Droid and some other stuff.

That's it for today! I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment