November 16, 2018

[EMS] Level 236!

 
Ding! I've gone through Level 235 faster than usual because I was participating in the recent Maple Missions for extra Nodestones, which involved completing four days of the Haste event. I somehow managed to gain over 30% in less than four days, which sped up the process of this level up by a lot. At least I got an adorable hamster mount for the effort of completing all of these Maple Missions.

The Black update arrived last Wednesday and I cannot wait to try out Combo Instinct. Unfortunately I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can get my hands on it. But for the time being, there's plenty of new things to do - daily Determination points and also working on the Esfera dailies to increase the levels of its Arcane Symbol.

Speaking of level ups and the Black update - they've added a particular Guild Skill that was missing in EMS for quite a long time. This particular Guild Skill is a prerequisite for something most guilds already have (which is the Merchandising Guild Skill), and thus Nexon just raised all of the guilds by two levels who had maxed out Merchandising so that they had enough Guild SP to max out the new skill, in order to fulfill the prerequisite it came with. Conveniently for us, this means that FallenAngel is now Level 25! This is the max level for a guild, by the way.


It's surprising how little amount of guilds in EMS are actually Level 25. According to the Guild Rankings, the Luna server counts over 1100 guilds, but only a two-digit number of guilds are max level. Anyway, did you know that FallenAngel is in the top 50 of guilds in Luna? Guild Rankings are based on the total amount of accumulative Guild EXP, and we're currently the 45th highest guild.

This is somewhat ironic (that FallenAngel is placed this high on the Guild Rankings), because my contribution of the total amount of Guild EXP in FallenAngel is almost two-third of the accumulative. This essentially means that "an one man army" is within the top 50 of what usually is a group effort-based ranking, because most of my friends in FallenAngel rarely work on their Contribution score. Contribution is only gained in decent amounts when you participate in certain activities with other members of the guild. Since it's quite some extra work on a daily basis, most people don't bother with it.

In context, FallenAngel is able to compete with much larger (and active) guilds because I'm one of the few people in Europe who's assed enough to work on my daily Contribution score. And by "assed enough", I mean that I currently hold the highest Contribution possible in EMS, without skipping, failing or forgetting about it in the past 736 consecutive days.


With all Guild Skills maxed out, this certainly looks fancy and colorful...

Anyway, Contribution bragging aside, the next big part of the Black update should arrive in a couple of weeks, which introduces us to Combo Instinct! This will also be the next EMS-related blogpost, unless I somehow manage to obtain 80 Nodeshards before that. Smash Bros Ultimate is coming out in three weeks, eep.

That's it for today - I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment