October 10, 2018

[Lego] So, I just got this Sealed Box of #10134...


This has been a set that I've wanted to get my hands on when it came out, back in 2004. This year I've went through the effort of saving up enough to afford a sealed box and this one just arrived a couple of hours ago!

With the release of the new UCS Y-Wing (#75181) this year, the value of the old one has dropped by a significant amount. Not that it would've stopped me from getting #10134 this year, but it definitely has saved me something. Y'know, I can spend that in other LEGO® stuff. Such as my Constructor and Hailfire Droid projects.

Speaking of the new Y-Wing...



A funny and awesome opportunity that happened by coincidence. Before the new Y-Wing came out in stores about a half year ago, I came up with the crazy idea of building both Y-Wings simultaneously... So I kept my copy of the new Y-Wing sealed until I'll start building both at the same time.

Interestingly enough: both Y-Wing models are built in a similar fashion, so it's possible to build them side by side. Quite literally.

Did you know that despite both sets are Y-Wing models, they depict different Y-Wing types from the same squadron? For some reason, almost nobody talks about that and thus people seem to be mistakenly comparing two different Y-Wing models with each other. The old UCS Y-Wing set is said to be too long. On the contrary, it's actually accurate.

I'm going to make space in my room now to start building.

That's it for today - I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment