April 13, 2019

[Lego] Oh no...


Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts! I've ordered about a thousand parts (!) from a couple of sellers on Bricklink, and the final pack just arrived this morning. There's a few hundred reddish brown pieces, a lot of Technic parts, and even some teal stuff. But what is probably the most important set of pieces: four Mindstorms NXT/EV3 to 9V converter cables, ten pneumatic brackets, twenty Bionicle G2 gearboxes and a pair of those new pneumatic valves.

Almost every part in this bulk is for my Hailfire and Constructor projects. Yes, of course I haven't forgotten about these guys, and neither have I stopped working on them. I'm more than aware of that I haven't written many blogposts of these in the past five years. But that doesn't mean that there's no progress on them when there's no post about it.

I have been extremely busy in the past few years to a point where I either have no time to order parts that I absolutely need, no time to work on these projects, too much on my to do list with MapleStory, or where there's something else completely different that sucks all of my attention away. However, I'm more than aware that none of these are good excuses, and I don't even want to call them as such - ultimately the biggest contributor (or well, root cause) to long term project delays is simply ordering parts online that I need to resume my work.

Despite that I have done over 15 purchases on Bricklink in the past 7 years, it's still quite a mountain for me to climb each time I want to start an order. The only way for me to overcome that is to simply do more Bricklink orders until it becomes a habit. So essentially, I'm still learning how to fit this procedure in my life. However, I can tell that each time ordering parts becomes easier for me to do - to a point where this was my first attempt at micromanaging multiple orders at once.

So, I expect to have quite some spare time for my projects around the end of this month. In May, I won't have time for anything because I will be in Norway again - but at least I would have the entirety of this Summer ready to do whatever I want. And I want to work on these projects, dammit!


Anyway, these parts weren't just to add stuff to my Hailfire or Constructor. In fact, these parts are to accommodate a complete redesign of both projects, as I have done multiple times before. With the Hailfire Droid I won't change much of the wheel frames but I will have to start over with the head and the connection points to the wheel frames. The Constructor however, will be completely disassembled and built from scratch. It is much needed for it...

I will probably do a few small builds with the parts that I have on hand, but nothing too fancy in the next ten days. Don't expect any major blogposts for these projects this or next month though. I'll keep those for this Summer. But around that time I will write those long blogposts that explain in-depth about what has changed and such, the same way as it has been in the past. And no, I won't write about why my Constructor has teal parts on it. That will be for one of the final blogposts regarding the Constructor, which I'm not quite there yet.

That's it for today - I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment