March 14, 2015

[EMS] Level 10 Cygnus Blessing GET!

Sup guys!

I just finished my Night Walker. This means I reached Level 10 on the Cygnus Blessing Skill Link. Level 10 Cygnus Blessing gives 25% Status and Elemental Resistance, which is a large increase for any class. Having this Skill Link on my Hero, means that I currently have a total of 77% Status Resistance.

So far I can get it up to 78% without any major changes. Keep in mind that I don't use a Bottom so I can't obtain 10% Status Resistance; I also won't obtain 10% on my Inner Ability and I don't have a Sylph Ring with another 10%. I won't go for a Lv 200 Demon Slayer card as well. So technically I'm able to reach 100% Status Resistance as a Hero without my Hyper Skills, but keep in mind that 100% Status Resistance can't bypass all spells. Only a handful of spells, like Potential Seal, certain forms of Petrify and a small amount of bosses that use a Stun attack can go through any percentage of Status Resistance. If you have to rely on Potential (Bottom, Sylph Ring) for one/two 10% line(s), keep in mind that one Potential Seal gives you a weak spot for incoming spells such as Seduce, Dispel, Zombify, Transform, etc.

It's also worth to mention that having this Skill Link, in combination with my 3rd Job skill Endure, gives me a total of 55% Elemental Resistance. Despite Elemental-based attacks not being common on most newer bosses, it's always nice to have consider some (newer) high level monsters and most older raid bosses (in example Horned Tail, Pink Bean - both including Chaos difficulty) still use them. Combining Elemental Resistance with Zero's Skill Link, Iron Body, Rage and Panic's Shadow Attack really helps reducing my class' fragility.

For now I'm kind of done with Skill Links until the Black Heaven update. As mentioned before, my choice for grinding other Level 1 Links will depend on future updates. There has been some community requests for a while about either removing the Skill Link cap or setting the cap higher. I'll first have to see what Nexon is going to do with it. So currently I have two slots reserved - one for Beast Tamer* (will replace my Cannon Shooter's Skill Link) and one for Mechanic (replaces Demon Slayer). Having a Level 2 Beast Tamer Skill Link will enable my Hero to have 100% Critical Rate without Enrage, only when I have at least 28% Critical Rate on my Inner Ability.

*Beast Tamer is a non-canon update and is only available to versions with the Dawnveil update. Certain versions of MapleStory doesn't have this update. It seems that the required content for receiving it is Masteria (specific: New Leaf City).

That's it for now - I'll see you guys next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment