June 05, 2015

[Lego] Black light - 70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty



Set #70738, under UV Black light. In a rather recent post, I mentioned I might try to capture larger sets under UV. See this as a small practice to photograph those larger ones.

Why is Wrayth in the top left corner of that picture?


The set under Black light looks gorgeous doesn't it? I really appreciate the summer wave of Ninjago having so much of these ghoul-themed sets that uses rare colours. It also introduces the first pair of Transparent Neon Green legs! I appreciate the little glowing lantern detail on the boat; it uses Transparent Medium Blue to achieve that, which is a slightly rare colour to see.

Here's an image with the minifigures separated from the boat by the way.


Note the new little Ribgol-like minifigure weapon, haha.

For people who have been reading my blog for several years now, they might remember I actually own the original Destiny's Bounty as well. In my view, the newer one is a much better value, as a toy but also as a set for Adult Fans of LEGO® itself.

It has improved several flaws of the original Destiny's Bounty, including some sturdiness issues and the transformation feature itself. I appreciate the balance between the Ninja and Ghost Army in this set. Yes, the dragon isn't as large as the Morro Dragon - but I think that the size of the Wyvern (including the claws and the tail) is believable enough to injure the boat severely. As the name of the set describes, escaping from a flying ghost army and a Wyvern won't be that easy...

That's it for today guys. I'll see you next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment