November 17, 2013

[TF2] Tam O'Shatter achieved!

Hi guys! Today I finally achieved the Tam O'Shatter achievement, one of the hardest achievements for the Demoman class. To earn this achievement, you have to group with a Medic from your team and destroy 5 Engineer buildings when the Medic deploys a single Übercharge.

The usual problems are the lack of a Medic who assists you and a large convenient Engineer nest which can be destroyed within a single Übercharge (which is 8 seconds).
So today I've been playing Payload often, and we started a match on the map Barnblitz. Conveniently, the opposing team set up an Engineer nest in the first main hall with four Engineers. A friend (who played Medic in that match) joined me in-game and we made sure the nest would be destroyed in order to progress. The first Übercharge failed, but the second made sure I was able to achieve it!

I entered the first main hall with my friend and he deployed the Übercharge. I couldn't manage to destroy all buildings in the first few seconds, because all the Sentries were locked on us with large knockback. But after a while, funny enough, I got "locked" into an upper corner because of all the knockback, making it easy for me to place several sticky bombs. The last second I managed to destroy the 5th building!

So now the only Demoman achievement left is the slightly bugged Scotch Guard.
That's it for Team Fortress 2 for today. See you guys next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment