April 05, 2018

[EMS] Mark of Naricain - Finished scrolling!

 
Sup guys! Yesterday I finished scrolling my Mark of Naricain (MoN)!

It might not be on par with most of my other items though, because scrolling with ICOGs can either go very well or it can left to be desired. Not that I will complain with the upgrade, as it surely is still something and it'll do for now.

From what I currently wear on Rayque, my MoN is among the oldest equipment that I still use. While my BD3 came from a Pre-BB event back in 2009, I got this particular Mark of Naricain after the Big Bang update. As once mentioned on my "Ye good olde big updates" blogpost back in 2016, we had access to two different Mark of Naricain's which were almost identical by having slots (Pre-BB MoN's were under the GMS ID and Post-BB were under the MSEA ID), so they could be upgraded with scrolling, could be applied to the Potential system and such.

With the migration, the Pre-BB MoN's (under the GMS ID) lost their slots, and every upgrade except for Additional Options and under/above average stats were removed. All of the MSEA ones (like the one I'm currently using) were unchanged though, because the item changes only affected items that appeared in the GMS game files before the migration happened (and obviously, the MSEA MoN's weren't present in the GMS game files until after the migration, so no changes were made in EMS). Anyway, this MoN is already like 7 years old by now, which makes it the third oldest equip I currently still use.

About the scrolling: my Mark of Naricain actually started way "worse", with the first couple of scrolls giving +0 or +1 Attack each, so the fact that it still redeemed itself in the end, isn't so bad after all. Fortunately, regardless if I'm going to hit over 20~30 attack or not, it shouldn't matter too much in the end. Having that 10 Attack clean on my MoN does contribute a lot to the overall impact, as it acts kinda like a fail-safe against poor ICOG luck.

Is it just me, or has my luck with Incredible Chaos Scroll of Goodness been poor with the past few of my equipment?

At least I did get 1% All Stats Additional Options on most of my current lower level accessories before that system has been retired for the time being...


Speaking of upgrades! With the current "Star Squad 13" events I have found a legitimate excuse reason to burn my mesos in Star Forcing my Amaterasu equipment to 15 enhancements. So for now, my Amaterasu's Armor and Gloves are done with their enhancements!

I mean, I would've gone to 15 enhancements eventually anyway, even though it's such a huge meso sink (that is arguably better spent elsewhere). I just don't feel like playing mini-games against other players for just a couple of hundred coins so, I suppose doing these upgrades earlier than planned should suffice for now.

Now that my MoN is finished, the only two equipment that are left to scroll are my Ani Pendant and my Rex's Perfect Red Earrings. Both items have quite a number of slots, so don't expect them to be done any time soon though. Then,
I should be done with scrolling all of my current layout! Until I would go for a second round...

Anyway, that's it for now! I'll see you guys again next post, which should happen within a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment