March 12, 2017

[Other] Donkey Kong 64 - 101% Score!


Sup guys! Perhaps a bit of a different subject to talk about for today. As of recent, I have finished Donkey Kong 64 with a 101% score! I assume most of you guys have your own childhood game - well, this is mine.

Some of you recurring readers might know I have been raised in Tokyo for a few years in my childhood. To be more precise, the years where the Nintendo 64 was just brand new in stores. Obviously, that where I got mine - hence why my Nintendo 64 has all of its games running in Japanese.

This isn't my first save file for the game however, as I have erased my original I made back in the late nineties. If you can't read or speak Japanese, the only way you know how to navigate through everything as a child is through trial and error. That was all way before we had those fancy stuff such as Gamefaqs and Youtube to guide us through.
In fact, only just earlier this year, I was made aware of the Widescreen setting on this game through watching a Youtube stream of this game...

Anyway, somewhere in 2008, when we started our Youtube channel, I picked up my Nintendo 64 and started playing again. In example, I've managed to complete Mario Kart 64 and unlock the special title screen last year. This year, I've finished Donkey Kong 64. There are still a lot of games in my library I want to finish eventually to be honest, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one out there.

Interestingly enough, I already had a 101% score with just 200 Golden Banana's. I've gotten the Rareware Golden Banana rather early in the game to unlock the infinite ammunition, so perhaps that is why it jumped from 99% to 101%.

That's it for now - I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment