June 04, 2014

[EMS, YT] What happened to the High-Dex Hero series?

One of the tests for trying out new High-Dex Hero
possibilities. This is not a video that will be released.
Hi guys! As you probably may have noticed, there hasn't been any new High-Dex Hero since 12th of January 2014.

I really apologize (again) for having these video series "dry out", however don't forget that I haven't forgotten these series. Past few weeks have been quite busy for me because of school, but for this case it isn't the main issue or argument why these series have been delayed (again). However, having no new High-Dex Hero videos for a while, doesn't have to mean the progress of these videos has been stopped.

I've been testing out and considering various possible "match ups", and I actually have some ideas that may work. There are some test videos not available to public. I've been planning out some (possible) videos, as I usually do for all of my videos on our Youtube. What's the hold up?

Considering I have some ideas that may work, they are not easy to come up with. In MapleStory, there are many various "layers" of difficulty, where the gaps between those layers are rather large. Second job and third job bosses are somewhat alike, although the third job ones are slightly stronger (damage-wise as well in possible status effects). However, on fourth job advancement the gap will be significant larger. Even in fourth job, there are many layers to consider. To give some examples, look on the image below.
These are the "layers" for me to consider - A quick self-perspective of the current gaps between bosses.
Click on the thumbnail to view the image on a larger scale, or click here.
You can see a rough sketch of the progress on the image above. Currently I'm between what I consider "Well funded" and "Highly funded". "Well funded" bosses become too easy for me; it's not very interesting to see not-so-challenging boss fights that only take a few minutes. "Highly funded" bosses are too strong for me, it's not possible to solo these yet. This gap is quite large. However, there are some bosses from the "Well funded" I haven't beaten yet and can be considered to give some decent viewing time, so don't worry, I may be doing these later.

So this is currently what I am struggling with. It'll take some time before I actually reach the "Highly funded" group. One minor issue that also caused delays is that Power Stance for the class Hero has been bugged prior to the RED patch. I'll wait until that is fixed until my next video comes.

That's it for today's post. I hope I'm able to release a new High-Dex Hero soon enough.
Until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment