April 18, 2014

[Lego] Scifi Ninja (2013)


Sup guys! Today I'd like to present you a more recent doodle I made with Lego® bricks in the winter of 2013.

Previous December, 2013, when the new smaller ball joint system was revealed and released, I actually had an idea to make a small posable ninja made out of these. Soon enough I found a relative good use for one Technic Steering Arm (which is used for the shoulder and waist attachment), while the rest of the shape came quickly after. It is a doodle, after all.

To sheath both katana, I've used a rubber band which I knot around the waist, to create two holes where both katana would fit. One thing that I really wanted in the model, is making the pelvis in an angle, to give it a much more interesting look. For that I've used a sausage part, and unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to order myself a black one (which only came in one set so far!) to fill in the right colours. So for now, I'll use a red one. Using a sausage makes the waist quite fragile and hard to pose on the right way, let me be honest about that...

The head makes use of a regular 1x3 studless curved slope, and yes, it does actually attach quite well on the neck (it has low friction but stays on its place, you can even pick up the entire model from that single piece!). The only thing you should avoid is turning the head around, because then the slope will not hold on the neck and fall off.

The design of this ninja has been heavily inspired by Zer0 from Borderlands 2 and the Red Robot Sidekick from Lego® Galaxy Squad. The red/white/yellow minifigure on the picture is the Lego® Idea House figure.

That's it for today, until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment